BWPA 2016 Bursaries – apply by 16 April see http://www.womenglide.co.uk/borrow-a-glider-for-the-2016-season/
How it works – we will be briefing, coaching and doing a debrief/trace analysis after flying. We hope to have some two-seaters available if we can blag them. You need to enter the comp – reduced entry fee for women pilots. WGUK encourages you to get your entry in early before the places fill up! If you are hoping to fly 2-seat, you don’t need to enter but you need to let us know to put you on a list of P2s.
1) If you’re a hardened XC pilot, enter now, come along and share tips and try to thrash the pants off the rest of us. We hope that advanced 2-seat coaching will be available.
2) If you have a glider to fly and have your XC endorsement, or will have by August, please make your own entry – we will still offer coaching support but you will get much more out of it by doing at least some flying in your own glider. 2-seater coaching will still be available. If flying a comp feels scary, reframe your position – it’s not a comp, it’s flying XC at a coaching week.
3) If you don’t have a glider to fly but have your XC endorsement, can you hire or borrow one from your club? Try that, and if you get nowhere, contact us and we’ll see if we can blag one for you.
4) If you don’t have your XC endorsement yet, can you get it by August? If you’re coming to the Womenglide Wild West Weekend, we can work on a plan then, if not, post a request on the main page and we’ll work together to help you develop the plan.
5) If you aren’t likely to have your XC endorsement, then book the leave and sign up for a two-seater place. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know this is what you want with ‘2seater request’ as the title.
Our dear Italian friends invite all UK women to Fly Pink which is part of a big international regionals in spring in Ferrara. It’s a great fun comp with women ranging in experience from first comps to regular Worlds pilots – AND a couple of days’ sightseeing in the middle – highly recommended. See Leaflet Fly-Pink Cup 2016
Women Go Gliding days – read about the recent very successful day at Cambridge on Facebook here.
…if you’d like to contact us please send a mail to our “info@” mail address (domain see WGUK URL).